Counseling and Specialty Pet-Related Services
- Are you experiencing chronic health issues, stress or sadness and need counseling or coaching in the St. Louis, MO area?
- Do you want to increase your happiness and get the most out of your life?
- Do you feel overwhelmed at work or with daily obligations with little time to enjoy life?
- Do you need help dealing with the loss of a beloved pet?
- Are you an animal caregiver who is struggling due to the endless hours spent taking care of a pet’s chronic needs?
I can help you increase your happiness while learning coping strategies to improve your quality of life.
Who Am I?
Allison White, ACSW, LCSW, CCDP-D, CHC
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Co-Occurring Disorder Professional-Diplomate
- Certified Health Coach
- Certified Pet Therapy Dog
- Specialization in Pet Loss/Bereavement and Compassion Fatigue among Health Care Providers
I’m a licensed clinical social worker, certified substance abuse therapist, and certified health and wellness coach who has worked in the field of mental health and substance abuse for over 23 years. I’ve helped clients identify obstacles that stand in the way of achieving their dreams.
I have a passion for working with animals as part of the counseling process. I have certified therapy dogs and I understand the strong connection we have with our pets. I help pet owners and caregivers cope with the emotional challenges of pet ownership. Our pets are an important part of our lives and losing them can be like losing a family member. I can help you deal with the loss of a pet and work through the grief so you can celebrate your pet’s life in a way that will honor the relationship you had together. I also help animal caregivers with chronic stress experienced from dealing with very challenging situations.
- 2-20-16 Topic is pet services and field of Veterinary Social Work (starts at min. 43)
- 4-9/16 Pet Projects and the Challenges of Pet Ownership (1:23)
- 4-30-16 Transitioning from high school to college and college into the work world (1st interview)
- 5-14-16 Wellness (0:20:54)
Recent St. Louis Health and Wellness magazine Articles:
I can help you overcome the following struggles:
- Chronic health issues
- Low self-esteem
- Overwhelming life changes
- Loss of a beloved pet
- Compassion Fatigue in the workplace
- Addictions (substance abuse, food, gambling)
- Weight loss
- Lack of motivation
- Negative thought patterns