Are you having trouble dealing with a challenge on your own? Have you experienced traumatic events or adverse life experiences that keep you from living life to it’s fullest?
We are all faced with daily struggles that challenge who we strive to be. Sometimes it’s difficult to conquer these alone. Together we can work to identify your goals so you can live the life that you deserve.
Some areas I can assist with include trauma therapy (using EMDR and mindfulness), stress-reduction, addictions, low self-esteem and dealing with overwhelming life changes. One of my specializations is helping with pet loss. Working through the grief of losing a pet isn’t always understood by everyone and just talking about this loss can help you through the process.
I also work with caregivers who feel “compassion fatigue” after experiencing burn out and increased stress from constantly taking care of others.
I have found value in using holistic approaches in my own life and share these techniques with clients. Some of these include mindfulness skills, breathing exercises, journaling and expressive arts.
You have the power within you. My role as your counselor is to help you find your own way to achieve peace in your life.
About the Counseling Process:
You’ve taken an important first step when you decided to reach out for help. Whether you’re feeling worried, anxious, having low mood or trouble coping, I can help you work through the issues so you can start feeling better.
Together, we will discuss past obstacles, history of what brings you into counseling and if you would like other healthcare professionals to be involved in your care.
I usually schedule weekly, 50 minute appointments but this can be adjusted based on your own schedule and preference.
I use the following methods individualized to your unique needs:
- EMDR-Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (see more information below)
- Motivational Interviewing
I am a certified EMDR therapist.
EMDR has been shown to be effective for the following conditions:
- Panic Attacks
- Complicated Grief
- Pain Disorders
- Performance Anxiety
- Stress Reduction
For more information visit the EMDRIA Site at:
How to pay for services:
There are several ways to pay for counseling services.
- Private pay-if I don’t accept your insurance or you do not meet medical eligibility to use insurance benefits then you may pay my hourly rate of $150/50 min. initial intake session and for each successive 50 minute session.
- Out of Network Insurance Benefits-if I am not a contract provider for your insurance and if you have Out of Network benefits, I will provide a Super Bill (invoice), which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Each plan is different so please verify what services are covered. In order to use these benefits, you have to meet medical eligibility and a diagnosis has to be provided to the insurance company.
- Insurance Benefits-if I am a provider under your insurance plan, you meet medical eligibility and have a behavioral health issue that fits criteria for a diagnosis, I will submit the invoice to your insurance company for reimbursement. You will be responsible for meeting your deductible and pay the co-pay/co-insurance at the time of the appointment.
I am a provider for the following insurance companies:
*please ask me if you don’t see your insurance listed below since I continue to add companies to this list
Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Mercy Managed Behavioral Health (MMBH)
Optum/United Health Care
United Behavioral Health Care (UBH)
Ready to Call for An Appointment?
Here is how to get started….
Please call my work number 314-899-7140 and leave a message on voice mail.
I use Spruce Health, which allows you to leave a secure text or message. You can leave a message then I will send you directions on how to download the Spruce Health app. If you don’t want to download the app, that’s fine. Just leave a message and I will call you back.
We will then discuss your situation and if you’d like to proceed with counseling, we’ll schedule an appointment.
My office is located in Parkway Tower, 225 S. Meramec Ave. Suite 211, Clayton, MO 63105. See the map below for details.
Prior to your first appointment, I will email a link to my HIPAA secure electronic health record portal where you can complete the intake packet online. If you prefer paper, I can either mail the intake packet to you or you can complete during the initial appointment.
Here is a map to my office: